[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Oct 28 16:28:14 PDT 2011

Having read your whole screed, I gotta say: Sounds good!

The collective unconscious is certainly turning. Yesterday I went to get my oil changed and the elderly Asian man (worker) with whom I started talking asked me what I thought about Occupy Oakland. I said, well, it's high time people fought back from being robbed and abused, and since there was no institutional way for them to fight, this seemed the only recourse they had. He agreed with me and said something negative about bankers. He spoke with a thick accent, so he might have been short on vocabulary, but his sympathy with the occupy movement was unmistakable.

Now, I hope everyone knows how amazing this is, cause normally older Asian immigrants around here are full of lectures about how tough they've had it, and how Americans are spoiled and want something for nothing, etc.

It was great.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "shag carpet bomb" <shag at cleandraws.com>

I actually didn't have fucking up Walmart's business operations in mind. It was actually something on the order of the inmates running the asylum. More on that below.