[lbo-talk] NYC Sun 6pm: 'Let Them Eat Cake' Bloomberg Protest at Gracie Mansion

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:43:23 PDT 2011

Mayor Michael Bloomberg is hosting an intimate dinner at Gracie Mansion on Sunday night for Senators and corporate executives to urge the SuperCommittee to "go big" and cut $4 trillion in federal spending.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=233756210020893

To eliminate the budget deficit, the SuperCommittee could simply tax the top 1% through a Millionaires Tax and a Robin Hood Tax on Wall Street speculation.

But instead they plan to slash Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and everything else essential to the survival of the 99%.

Their joyful champagne toast will be "Let them eat cake!"

Naturally, the 99% were not invited to dine with the 1% at Gracie Mansion. So we'll just have to @OccupyGracie.

At 6 p.m. we'll gather at 88th Street and 1st Ave (outside the Bagel Mill) and march 2 blocks to Gracie at 88th and East End.

Come dressed as Marie Antoinette, Louis XVI, or a Peasant - and bring the family. We'll vote for the best costumes and they will serve us all cake!

RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=233756210020893

Twitter updates: http://twitter.com/occupygracie