[lbo-talk] occupying retail

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Oct 28 17:49:51 PDT 2011

you didn't bother to read what *I* wrote, asshole.

<> Someone who reads lbo-talk wrote me offlist: <> <>> I worked at Target for 6 years, and I don't think that most people <>> who work there would have been very receptive to people trying to <>> "Occupy" the store. I think they would regard it as a nuisance and <>> a threat to their meager paychecks. When store revenue goes down, <>> hours are cut immediately in most cases (hours are tied directly to <>> store revenues and managers have to keep it under their budget or <>> they get sacked or demoted). If the Occupiers made any mess, the <>> employees would have to clean it up. Also, it just sounds an <>> additional annoyance to an already stressful job. <>> <>> Do a lot of people on LBO Talk actually deal with working class <>> people? I mean, do they have working class jobs? Sometimes, I <>> don't get the feeling they don't. <> <> ___________________________________ <> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk <>