[lbo-talk] occupying retail

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:31:08 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> forwarded:

>> Do a lot of people on LBO Talk actually deal with working class people?  I
> mean, do they have working class jobs?

Let this brother (or sister) in the struggle know that the answer is "Yes" and "Oh hell yes".

My annual salary is just barely in the five digits (and I mean, just barely) and I have 155K of student debt compounding at 7.7% around my neck. Vacation? Ha. Health insurance? Won't pay for more than a bandaid. Work-hours? If I'm awake, I'm working. Job prospects? [Insert hideous screech approximating laughter].

-- DRR