[lbo-talk] occupying retail

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Oct 29 04:07:52 PDT 2011

well, remember that the point of the discussion was intially the complaint of Doug and others (SA I think?) that such demonstrations/occupations are nothing but moral witness. It does nothing to fuck up the system, so it can do nothing to change the system. People will just ignore them.

I wrote my summary of one situationist exposition of the strategy behind occupations, pointing out that their goal was to eventually fuck with the system with occupations at the point of production, but right now, when we are outnumbered and there's not yet a movement, you begin by occupying public spaces.

Not that i disagree with what you said, per se. Just that it's important not to let this bet get by because this entire discussion is dominated by a repeated claim: there's no strategy, oh the humanity! blah fucking blah blah. as if repeating it a gogangajillion times makes it true.