[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Oct 29 06:43:26 PDT 2011

I think what carrol and joanna are saying is that of course these events are going on all the time, and among activists there's an awareness of them as knowledge travels, sure. They're all connected, on to the other. Polletta's doing an excellent job of revealing the connections from labor education efforts/pacifism to DAN/Seattle.

But something happened in Wisconsin that made not especially activist u.s.ers think *we* could *do* something instead of hand the plutocracy the lube while we compliantly spread our ass cheeks. (while ass fucking is an excellent thing, there's something to be said for obliging the right date!). Protesting was no longer the province of crazy weirdo radicals and those primitive brown others, over there.

and, as joanna said, the machinations of the state finally exposed what we, here, already knew: we're ruled by despots and you can't vote them out of office.

speaking of which: boy o boy, i am starting to see why carrol utterly HATES the footsoldiers of the democratic party who utterly freak out if there's any sense that you might not vote for the fuckers.

man, they are a sick crew when they are terrified, aren't they. i've seen some leftwing and rightwing trolls and provocateurs in my life. they got NOTHING on the mendacity and delusional fantasies of a Democratic Party loyalist. Locally, they appear to be ready to stop at nothing in order to infiltrate the Occupies and rip them to shreds.