[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Oct 29 09:58:14 PDT 2011

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:31:57 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> if the people who know something feel
> like they should keep their mouths shut.

This weird sense of persecution on the neverfly(*) side of the question baffles me. Shag started a train of thought. Some of us thought it was a good idea. Others thought it was a terrible idea. We argued about it. Who exactly is being made to shut up?

(As usual I missed all the fun stuff with bodily fluids. Did anybody film it?)

I'm also interested in Doug's implicit distinction between those who 'know something' and those who don't. Somebody give me a list of who falls into which category, OK?

--------- (*) As in, "Orville, that thing will never fly."

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President, and I think I will go along with them."

-- Barack Obama

(Okay, okay, it was really Calvin Coolidge.)