[lbo-talk] the autumn of the communes?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 29 18:39:48 PDT 2011

On Oct 29, 2011, at 9:29 PM, SA wrote:

> On 10/29/2011 9:15 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>> Why does a bright and knowledgeable fellow like you feel the necessity of acting like a pure and unadulterated asshole with these clumsy quibbles?
>
> I thought we weren't doing one-liners.

But Carrol is the last to follow his own directives.

I'm curious, though, how he took your point as a "clumsy quibble." The whole corporate personhood critique is, to borrow one of CC's favorite words, "incoherent." Yet he's not interested in its incoherence because, you know, certain bodies in motion have adopted it as their own. So you don't ask questions. It's a weird Stalinism without Stalin.

Doug