[lbo-talk] NYPD and Zuccotti

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 30 23:23:45 PDT 2011

At 10:54 PM 10/30/2011, SA quoted:

>>"He's got a right to express himself, you've got a right to express
>>yourself," I heard three cops repeat in recent days, using nearly
>>identical language

SOP. It's like deputies in Los Angeles County jails repeating "stop resisting" during jailhouse beatings:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/28/local/la-me-jail-beatings-20110928

[...]

Scott Budnick, a producer for "The Hangover" movies and a former writing tutor at Men's Central Jail, also gave a sworn declaration about abuse he witnessed.

In 2009, he said he opened the door to the jailhouse chow hall, empty but for three deputies kicking and punching an inmate who fell to the floor. The deputies, he said, repeatedly yelled "stop resisting" even though the inmate wasn't.

[...]

Budnick's and other declarations are here:

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/253406/witness-expert-and-inmate-statements-in-jails.pdf