[lbo-talk] the autumn of the communes?

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Mon Oct 31 04:43:13 PDT 2011

I think Ms. carpet bomb's suggestion to create a "filter file" is precisely what shouldn't happen. Why not a practice little civility instead of building an electronic suburb here? Everyone in their little filtered hamlets bickering about the neighbors.

I mostly blew by these threads because they were too painful to read. Not sure if Michael Smith would agree that style and content are inseparable, but I was heartened to see his apology, which I appreciated all the more because it seemed unnecessary, hence simply self-reflective and considerate.

Best wishes, Charles