[lbo-talk] occupying retail

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:15:36 PDT 2011

The point is that all of these actions temporarily 'occupied' and re-utilized space in ways that operated through indirect and diffused confrontation, rather than through an inevitably losing lock down of space. I don't see why returning to a more mobile notion of space and occupation couldn't allow for an engagement with something like Wal Mart, although I think Target is a better... well, target.

robert wood

^^^^^ CB: Agree. The "lockdown" occupied space will be virtual, social media. OWS from the beginning declared itself as temporary , though months long for physically occupying Z-Park. If it changes form , the movement can continue.