[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1736, Issue 3

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:17:52 PDT 2011

Doug wrote on his blog:

"But she [Angela Davis] reportedly told the OWS gathering at Zuccotti tonight to: 1) identify with Troy Davis, and 2) study the Attica prisoners for pointers on how to become a “dangerous class.” I have two problems with this: 1) Troy Davis is dead. His execution was a crime, but as anything but a moral force, he’s dead. And 2) the Attica prisoners were utterly crushed. Many of them are either dead or still behind bars.

I wrote on the Facebook thread:

"I agree with Angela. Non-imprisoned working people with jobs who fail to see their common interests (shared identity) with those imprisoned and/or jobless are also in prison, an ideological one. Just like there are consciously free people in prison, there are apparently free people imprisoned by their prejudices. (This is not to deny the difference between being imprisoned by physical walls and being imprisoned by beliefs.)"