[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1736, Issue 3

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:43:41 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Also, as Christian asked earlier today: "What does 'prison abolition' actually mean? I still don't know and can't get a clear answer and thus never subscribed."
>
> Doug

Well, it mostly means ending the insane, wasteful and ghastly War on Drugs. Decriminalize possession, treat addiction as the medical problem it indeed is. Hampsterdam, to quote that amazing moment in "The Wire", instead of gulags.

Neoliberalism's peace was and is a multitude of wars on ordinary citizens.

-- DRR