[lbo-talk] Obama caves in again

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Sep 1 08:29:20 PDT 2011

On 9/1/2011 10:07 AM, Andy wrote:
> I get the rejection of the "they're too weak" thing, but it seems like
> there's nothing too petty that they'll roll over on.

This is a major source of Democratic power: the myth that they are weak. They are powerful -- far more powerful than the Republicans. And alleged leftists go around excusing them by pretending that their intentions are good but they are too weak to carry them out.

The so-called "right-wing" is merely part of the terrain on which politics operates. Complaining about them is like complaining about the rain because it wets you.

But the DP leads those who might be leftists by the nose. If/when "a left," an actual, vigorous left, emerges in U.S. politics, one of its main functions will be to smash the kind of nonsense Andy is peddling here. Apparently he does not get at all the ratioale for the rejection of the nonsense he clings too.

Carrol