[lbo-talk] seems 99% sure

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 3 07:22:27 PDT 2011

On 9/2/2011 10:58 PM, Mike Ballard wrote:

> Agreed. The whole neo-liberal project has been one of commodifying all and any activity in the public sphere and this includes the whole move toward more and more privatising the education industry from elementary school to grad school. It's one dollar, one vote democracy and it's coming like a train wreck to a social relation near you.

I just found out that the high school I attended is now a Charter School.

But Alan is wrong on one point: It IS about Professor's salaries -- because Professor's salaries and "Public Space" are simply heads & tails of the same coin. Reduce professors' wages, benefits, and facilities and public space has been cramped.

That is why I get so pissed off when someone whines, wails, roars about some lous7y professor. That complaint is in effect an attack on the entire working class.

Carrol