[lbo-talk] WEALTH TRANSFER

Jim Hicks jimhicks3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:48:17 PDT 2011

It is clear that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer but what isn't clear is the mechanism of that fact. I seems to me though, that the rich get richer *because *the poor (or middle class) get poorer. This, I think, is evident, but the details are obscure. My main sources for info in this regard are, of course, LBO, but also Yves Smith at 'Naked Capitalism' and less directly 'Emptywheel' and even less directly Amy Goodman. But in all the years of reading and listening I have never heard or read an analysis that spells it out clearly and simply. There are bits and pieces everywhere but I haven't seen a 'single' source. Does anyone know of research done specifically on this topic?

-- JIM HICKS