[lbo-talk] 9/11 At Ten

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:56:25 PDT 2011

AMVETS is hardly a progressive organization, but they're not quite as reactionary as the AL or the VFW. They do more for disabled and troubled vets than both of those groups combined. They employ homeless and recovering vets for pickups, and when they show up it's not much different than Goodwill and any other such group. The flag-waving is kept to a minimum.