[lbo-talk] Dumb QOTD: What kind of labor produces intellectual property?

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:41:14 PDT 2011

Again just to emphasize a distinction that does not get made enough. I would agree that intellectual property rights as a system does more harm than good, but it is important to understand that while we live under this system, that is often the only way for an intellectual worker to get compensated. Similarly, I hope that people who believe the wage labor system does more harm than good do not expect most people to quit their jobs and do volunteer work at no charge full time in our society as it actually exists.