[lbo-talk] America's fiscal union

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Sep 8 09:41:44 PDT 2011

SA asks:

> if they're convinced stimulus doesn't help, why did they verbally
> support the 2009 stimulus?

I think there were a lot of people who nominally supported the stimpak who now say: well, we tried that, and it didn't work. Of course, Krugman called that one, too. So they aren't anomolous. Part of the problem is that I don't think the administration can easily (or loudly) say "we didn't do enough, and that's why it didn't work" -- because they are too busy managing their main line which is "what we're doing is helping" ...

*shrug*

/jordan