[lbo-talk] Differential Recovery from the 2008 crash by class

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Sep 9 18:42:44 PDT 2011

On Sep 9, 2011, at 8:59 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> Doug, can you post a link to the study that Adolph Reed cites in his interview with you this week, that says that for the professional managerial class, recovery was pretty much complete by 2009? Did you write this up and I'm blanking on it?

Don't know what he was talking about there actually. Perhaps something out of Northeastern U's labor study center?

I can tell you this - here's employment by educational attainment in August, indexed so that Feb 2008 = 100 (the broad peak in employment):

<HS 88.5 HS 92.1 some coll 97.5 bach+ 100.7

Stairstep pattern, with less than high school (12% of the pop) more than 12% below the previous peak, and bachelor's or higher (31% of the total), up all of 0.7% from that peak

Doug