[lbo-talk] S&S 75th Anniversary Celebration - INVITATION

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 05:32:06 PDT 2011

Science & Society Special 75th Anniversary Celebration Friday, October 14, 7:30 p.m.

Dear Friend,

As you probably know, Vol. 76, No. 1 of *Science & Society* is in production, which means that we have completed 75 years -- three quarters of a century! -- of continuous publication of first-order research in Marxist theory, philosophy and historical/cultural studies. This is a remarkable achievement, and one that is unique, worldwide.

We are celebrating (as well we should!) by holding a special 75th Anniversary Party, on *Friday, October 14*, at the Brecht Forum in New York City. The Brecht Forum is at West Street between Bank and Bethune, just south of 14th Street on the far west side of Manhattan. You will find a map and other directions at brechtforum.org. Join us at 7:30; program begins at 8.

Planning is just getting under way. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Gerald Horne, a long-time member of our Editorial Board and a prolific social and cultural historian. Many recent authors, from several continents, will be present, and will be introduced and honored for their contributions. We have several musical and artistic components lined up; it is too soon to announce them, but be assured that this will be a memorable event -- politically, intellectually, culturally . . . and gastronomically!

As the capitalist economic and social crisis deepens across the globe, it is important to mark our victories and achievements. S&S is just one small one, but you have played a part in it, and the cumulative impact of that is, well, incalculable. So let’s celebrate!

In solidarity,

The *Science & Society* Editorial Board http://scienceandsociety.com/invitation.html