[lbo-talk] Occupy Wall Street on 9/17/2011

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 12 09:19:28 PDT 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 12:04 PM, Julio Huato wrote:

> I'm just channeling the stuff I get from the URPE SC. I am sure there
> are people unhappy with the choice of phrase. But I'm for people
> trying things. It says it's been planned as a "legal and nonviolent"
> protest. I thought you were into Seattle type of action.

I was, but in retrospect I do wonder what it achieved. But I'm skeptical about this Wall Street action. I don't really understand who's behind it, what the goal is, or what the long-term organizational outcome is hoped to be.

Minor point: most of the big investment banks have left Wall Street. There are a shoe repair joint and a BMW dealership though.

Doug