[lbo-talk] Green jobs numbers

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Sep 13 18:45:01 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pollak" <mpollak at panix.com>

I wonder if that's true anymore. People used to say confidentialy in Britain that the metal bashing jobs would never go because of the manliness factor. But that sure wasn't true. And with manufacturing gone and working class now so invisible in the media, I wonder if there is any sex appeal to manual labor nowadays.

-------

Speaking as a female, I'd say manual labor is always sexy because to do it a man has to use his hands and focus on something other than himself. Two sexy things at once.

But I don't necessarily see the need for lifting heavy things or striding tall buildings. Just use of the hands and a certain quality of attention.

Green jobs will work just fine.

Joanna