[lbo-talk] Killer of Sheep

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Sep 16 16:19:33 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Grimes" <c123grimes at att.net>

I have a theory as to why these architectural horrors exist. AutoCAD. If you had to physically work with french curves for weeks on end, you would go insane, trying to calculate the shapes and then draw them. In a graphics program you can select two points and pull a line into a curve of any shape. So that's my theory of why buildings and cars look the way they do. Blame it on postscript.

I think AutoCAD has a lot to answer for. One thinks and writes differently when the hand mediates.

But I also think that disintegrating cultures lose any concept of beauty, and that's the end.

Joanna