[lbo-talk] News from the Wall St protests?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Sep 18 16:03:48 PDT 2011

Probably, from descriptions on this list, it had more analysis, more definite goals, more organization than is usually the case this early in the development of a movement. All of those come later. To sneer at sloppy beginnings is to give up on anything better ever coming along. And analysis of what? All this fuss about just one event is bizarre.

Carrol

The goals of such demos are always the same: send people home excited enough to work more enthusiastically. It will be a matter of months or years before "goals" is particularly significant. Why in the world would goals make any difference now?