[lbo-talk] Crap architecture

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 17:26:53 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "// ravi" <ravi at platosbeard.org>

This is the issue, then, isn’t it? That value judgements are offensive. Don’t conservatives (not pomos) think the same way? They don’t like the idea that one theory might be “better” than another - in particular that their theory (say creationism) is at the receiving end of judgement calls (now, I use quotes for “better” and other judgement words, because these all imply a criteria, which I will withhold getting into until called for). (Also, liberals have the same idea too in a different sense, it seems - they don’t, per popular depiction of them, want kids to be ranked by skill or performance in some test. They are ridiculed for wanting everyone to be a winner.). ___________________________________

Any idea what the diff is between "judgment" and "value judgment"?

J.