[lbo-talk] Crap architecture

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sun Sep 18 19:00:48 PDT 2011

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:50:55 -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> The lead-off post on the systematic refusal of
> posters on this list to inspect the pol8itcs of the Left Forum opening
> plenary was a sneer at a speaker followed by "and the audience just ate
> it up. Yet that contemptible audience are probably our major hoe for
> beginning to turn u.s. politics around. And aestethic critique of [Cornel] West
> in that context was spitting in the face of all leftists who want to
> mobilize resistance to the ongoing attack on the working class

I think the sneerer in question was probably me. Guilty as charged, m'Lud; as far as I'm concerned, Cornel West makes Vivaldi look good.

But 'spitting in the face of all leftists' etc. is clearly extravagantly overstated. There are plenty of leftists who can't stand Cornel West.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com