[lbo-talk] Donate to Wall Street protesters

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:16:45 PDT 2011

On 9/20/2011 12:18 AM, Miles Jackson wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:
>> On Sep 19, 2011, at 8:56 PM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
>>

>>> Paul's opposition to Obama's sponsorship of murderers and banksters
>>> is fascinating only because it's unique.
>>>
>>> More curious is that left that believes it must support Obama.
>>

>> Not sure who you're talking about here. Not me, not most of us.
>>
>> Paul would end Social Security and Medicare and the Civil Rights Act.
>> And didn't he name is kid after Ayn? Fuck him.
>
> And health care? Let 'em die if they don't have the perspicacity to
> buy health insurance on the open market! --Denying insurance based on
> pre-existing conditions? That's clearly an inalienable right of
> health insurance conglomerates! A hearty second to Doug's fuck him.

Yup. It's funny how there are certain leftists who'll flirt with that faction of the right-wing that wants to turn back the clock to 1880 as long as it's against whatever the current war is. They'd never think to give a pass to some apologist for the wars just because he was a liberal New Deal-Great Society diehard. It's part of this imperialism-centric worldview that I assume comes from the New Left generation.

SA