[lbo-talk] Donate to Wall Street protesters

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Sep 20 17:41:09 PDT 2011

Seth Kulick relates:

> There is also this charming statement by Ron Paul from
> his 1988 book "Freedom Under Siege":
>
> The rights of the insurance company owners are not
> considered, while legislation is passed forcing insurance
> companies to provide the insurance demanded by the victims.

Which is nearly a perfect reason for taking "insurance" (nee: health care) out of the market completely. If the government can legislate what coverages should be provided, they should be willing to pay for it directly. The idea that the government is giving mixed signals to the market is surely something we can't tolerate ...

Health care is a public good; how hard is it for a guy like Ron Paul to see that?

Oh right: it's infinitely hard, because he's a lunatic.

/jordan