[lbo-talk] Who do you think are best U.S based groups (or international groups with strong U.S. presence)

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:13:14 PDT 2011

Who to you think are the best U.S.based groups (or international groups with strong U.S. presence) in following categories

1) labor (including the most progressive unions) 2) feminist 3) LGBT 4) Disability rights 5) Anti racism

specifically Black/African America American Indian/Native American, Latino, Asian American 6) Peace/Anti-war/Anti-intervention (both multi-issue and groups that focus on one important issue like Honduras for Palestinian rights) 7) human rights 8) environmentalism in general.and environmental justice 9) Civil liberties 10) Multi-categor 11) other important categories which I forgot

In all cases feel free to recommend either groups that focus on one issue within the category or groups that tackle the entire category.

I'm deliberately leaving "best" vague , so that you can use YOUR criteria for best.

Thanks

Gar W. Lipow

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow  Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static page: http://www.nohairshirts.com