[lbo-talk] yucky press release of the day

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 10:57:37 PDT 2011

I think you're right overall, but would quibble with your distinction of weaker and stronger here; the moderates might have more numbers, but in this battle that doesn't mean anything. If there exists a moderate band of voters, they are surely weaker in the current climate than this loud minority. The press release, after all, cites poll data trying to claim it is defending the "common sense." Seems a classic hegemonic strategy of a strong minority trying to become a majority through control of the state. But maybe I'm rusty on my political science