[lbo-talk] Wherein Krugman laments his cribbing of Henwood has come to naught

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:10:47 PDT 2011

Jordan: " I think they are out of tricks at this point."

[WS:] They are still counting on the plutonomy, no? Furthermore, there is a lot of room for middle class growth in BRIC, which can pick up the faltering demand in the US and EU (or at least a good chunk of it.) The latter is not exactly a revolutionary force, so methinks that even if there is a prolonged stagflation, capitalists may not like it but they can live with it, especially if there is not much they can do about it. They will start losing sleep only if they face a realistic threat of a revolution, and I am pretty sure you agree that this threat is not very realistic at the moment.

Wojtek