[lbo-talk] The Nietzsche Economy - Diedrich Diederichsen

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 18:27:21 PDT 2011

A friend sent me this essay. I have no idea where the writer is placed on the political spectrum but I found it both entertaining and frustrating. It meanders around quite a bit but it's basically a critique of the reign of the creative class... from the lowly freelance worker to the creative entrepreneurs who have achieved great power or money through a kind of work practice that appears more ecstatic than Fordist, more Saturday night at the rock concert than Monday morning at the desk. In some ways it reminds me a bit of David Brook's contemptuous though accurate study of the "Bourgeois Bohemians" but Diederichsen seems to be a bit more apprehensive of this class than Brooks.

http://www.e-flux.com/journal/view/173