[lbo-talk] the "principles of solidarity"

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 11:37:58 PDT 2011

On 9/26/2011 2:27 PM, Julio Huato wrote:

> The protest is called "Occupy Wall Street" and is set up in the Wall
> Street district of Manhattan. We need words, but deeds often convey
> more information (more strongly and more clearly) than mere words.

Then why did they put out a manifesto?

> If you go to Liberty Square and take the trouble to participate in the
> process there (or connect by some other means), you should be able to
> engage and change minds and have your own ideas reflected in those
> documents.

I'd like to go, but I'm not in NYC. I don't know what the other means might be.

> Those young people are exhibiting a level of commitment that I find
> impressive.

I completely agree. I salute their indefatigability, to quote George Galloway.

> They are eager to broaden the base of the movement, as they should be.
> In fact, if the movement doesn't catch up (and they are doing a great
> job media-wise) and broaden its base in the near future, then we're
> back at square one.

That's right. I criticized their manifesto, I didn't say they're wasting their time. On the contrary.

SA