[lbo-talk] LBO-Talk's Message to the Masses

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:52:52 PDT 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:49:04 -0400
> dndlllio at aol.com wrote:
>
>> " Tahrir succeeded in large part because the people of Egypt made a
>> straightforward ultimatum – that Mubarak must go – over and over again
>> until they won. Following this model, what is our equally uncomplicated
>> demand?"
>
> Well, the obvious analogy would be 'Obama must go', wouldn't it?

Removing Obama won't make much difference as far as the system is concerned. For Mubarak, Ben Ali but also Assad, Kadhafi and a few others, removing them means a profound change in the system.

Most of the people who gather in NYC have not experienced oppression the way people in the ME/Maghreb have. What people in NYC (and other places in the US) are against is much more powerful and much harder to dislodge than any third world puppet dictator. What they're trying to dislodge is the puppeteer, or rather one of its incarnation.

Jean-Christophe