[lbo-talk] LBO-Talk's Message to the Masses

dndlllio at aol.com dndlllio at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 19:09:22 PDT 2011

" The lesson here is that the truly subversive thing is not to insist on ‘infinite’ demands we know those in power cannot fulfil. Since they know that we know it, such an ‘infinitely demanding’ attitude presents no problem for those in power: ‘So wonderful that, with your critical demands, you remind us what kind of world we would all like to live in. Unfortunately, we live in the real world, where we have to make do with what is possible.’ The thing to do is, on the contrary, to bombard those in power with strategically well-selected, precise, finite demands, which can’t be met with the same excuse."

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v29/n22/slavoj-zizek/resistance-is-surrender

Maybe there's an affinity among adbusters/robb/zizek in the one demand. Whereas "no demands" is an inverted infinite demand.