[lbo-talk] Idea for new variation on creative commons license - does anyone know a lawyer who would be interested (for free)

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 11:44:58 PDT 2011

Charle:
>> Why wouldn't the GNU GPL work?
>>
>> <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>
>>
>> "You may convey a covered work in object code form under the terms of sections 4 and 5, provided that you also convey the machine-readable Corresponding Source under the terms of this License, in one of these ways: a) Convey the object code in, or embodied in, a physical product (including a physical distribution medium), accompanied by the Corresponding Source..."

Ravi

> The GPL has to be massaged a bit to work with non-software… and extra massaging to work with attribution requirements (which Gar needs). Further, any limits on the derivative work would probably not sit well with the GPL either.
>
> Some version of the Creative Commons set of licenses might work better. Gar, have you asked the Creative Commons folks themselves?
>
>        —ravi

Yes. Sent an email some weeks ago, and another today. I bet someone at creative commons would be interested, but I probably need to send to the right person rather than a general info address.

Facebook: Gar Lipow  Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static page: http://www.nohairshirts.com