[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky is losing it

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 16:45:42 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

I had to google "BDS." :-)

Or you could have clicked on the link I provided. But whatever floats your boat.

> Perhaps Finkelstein's analysis of cults helps explain why Joseph can't see
> that if his "Aristocracy of Labor" theory is true, then Palestine is doomed.
> Only a strong left movement in the U.S. can achieve anything remotely like
> "BDS" [sic]

Oh, brother. Are we back to this paternalistic discourse in which Brownie's shit out of luck until Whitey gets his affairs in order?

Carrol, I mean this in the nicest, most constructive way possible. But if you're going to comment on these kinds of things, pick up a newspaper once in a while. US influence in this part of the world is at an all-time post-WWII low and declining fast. When Obama casts his UN veto, it will take another decisive, and probably irreversible, dip.