[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky is losing it

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:25:04 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

Are you kidding? I'm guessing that a single one of Chomsky's books sells
> more copies than the entire oeuvre of Edward Said. I admire Said a lot, but
> Chomsky's influence is far greater.

Well, if that's your criterion: Jimmy Carter.

> He doesn't support your position. That's different.

He actively opposes the aspirations of the Palestinian people, as expressed by every Palestinian faction. ("Not supporting" would be quite different. There are any number of worthwhile things I don't support, due to abject ignorance, time constraints, etc.)

As long as you're challenging me to the "name one" game: Who are the Palestinians with whom Chomsky's in solidarity, who aren't represented by any of these organizations (http://www.bdsmovement.net/call) or individually in support of the goals he opposes? I'll give you a half-dozen apparatchniks at the American Task Force on Palestine, who are so bought-and-paid-for they sound more Zionist than the AJC on some days. Who else? Let's hear some names. Chomsky claims to support Palestinians; which ones?