[lbo-talk] Pilots marching to Wall Street strike

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:30:49 PDT 2011

One of the lovelier and funnier things I've witnessed down at Liberty Park occurred after a 9/11 memorial for fire fighters at a neighboring park. A line of FDNY, coming from the memorial, in full gear decided to march through the crowd of occupiers to signal their disapproval of the goings-on in what they considered to be sacred ground. They immediately got a huge round of applause from the occupiers and it confused the fire fighters. Some were touched, others were even more incensed but they quickly cut off their route through the park to make an earlier exit. In retrospect, I think that handful of FDNY's reasons for marching through the park were as complex as their reactions to the applause.