[lbo-talk] Does BSD make sense

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Sep 28 17:17:06 PDT 2011

With regard to the subject line, I pity the fool who thinks BSD doesn’t make sense.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. You don't want the truth because deep down in kernel spaces and IP stacks you don't talk about at parties, you want BSD on that firewall, you need BSD on that wall. We use words like virtual memory, sockets, buffer cache. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent building something. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain BSD to men who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that it provides. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you fork the kernel, and hack some code.

Over quota and swapping out,

—ravi