[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky is losing it

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 04:20:58 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:02 AM, SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:

Frankly, this is creepy.

What would be creepy (although not so much as your crude apologetics for racial supremacy and ethnic cleansing) would be your lack of reading comprehension, if I believed for two seconds that it was real. But I don't actually think you're dense enough to confuse Barghouti's position ("not in one day") with Chomsky's ("never"). That's middle-school standardized-test stuff.

Apparently you don't know this, but Syria, which declares itself an Arab
> state, is 10% Kurdish. Just as Israel, which declares itself a Jewish state,
> is 15% Arab.

I do, actually. I'm also aware that the al-Assad government just restored citizenship to 220,000 stateless Kurds who were stripped of it in the 1962 census. If you're grasping for an example of another country that refuses to redress the crimes of its history, you couldn't have picked a more unfortunate one. When "Israel" restores citizenship to the Palestinians of the Nakba, there will be a basis for comparison.

And I repeat: What does Syria have to do with anything? If the Zionists open up actual gas chambers (which some of them wouldn't mind at all), should we look the other way because they haven't been the only ones? That seems to be the direction your lunatic logic points.

> You were the one who insisted on talking about "ethnic exclusivism." But
> I'm sure the Syrian Kurds will be glad to hear you explain that

Is this pathetic attempt to change the subject really supposed to distract anybody from the actual issue under discussion? I should hope most LBO-Talk readers have attention spans a little longer than that.

> You've gone over there to live, but you have a lot to learn about the
> place.

I do, but not from Zionists who don't know the first thing about it.