[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky is losing it

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Sep 29 19:42:28 PDT 2011

On 9/29/2011 8:14 PM, s11131978 wrote:

> But this isn't racism.

You are still hung up on "prejudice." How people feel is irrelevant. This is t he only kind of "racism" that counts. "Bigots" do very little damage in comparison. See Dennis P's response to your post on prisons.

Possibly other terms than racism would and anti-racism help; but in all the "anti-racial campaigns I've been in participants were clear on this: they weren't fighting racist people; they were fighting racist structures. Even when we attacked individuals (a particular "racist" cop, that was only a tactic, not the goal.

Carrol