[lbo-talk] the free market at work

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 06:24:51 PDT 2011

I dunno. Hardly anything good comes in the mail nowadays - mostly junk mail and bills, which is a great subsidy to advertisers. As far as USPS parcel rates are concerned, they are on a par what UPS or Fedex charge.

While we are at that - it may help USPS revenue if every person used business reply envelopes received in junk mail to send a "business reply" to the sender - like stuffing a gutter cleaning offer to AmEx business reply envelope, and the Amex pre-approved credit offer to the gutter cleaning company, stuffing the menu of a Chinese restaurant to the business reply envelope that came with an offer of life insurance - you get the drift. AFAIK, USPS charges per piece rate for every business reply envelope they deliver, so it would be a nice and fun way of making businesses subsidize a public service.

Wojtek