[lbo-talk] On Chomsky's remark about Israeli society

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Sep 30 21:50:48 PDT 2011

On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 06:15:39 +0200 Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> The main shift I think has occurred in both Palestinian civil society and
> the solidarity movement supporting it is away from "statehood" as a focus
> and towards the prioritization of "rights."

Interesting. And positive, I think. Implicitly, it leads more toward a one-state solution than a two-state one -- which appeals to me, for one. But doesn't it also strengthen the South Africa parallel -- mutatis mutandis, of course -- and also the BDS strategy?

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com