[lbo-talk] yakking about the right

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 4 06:24:56 PDT 2012

My initial post did not concern how opposed or similar the two parties are. It concerned the need for active participation in mass organization groups at the local level and the impact of the DP on that need. That's what makes the DP _the_ enemy of leftist hopes -- and makes rightists a trivial matter. When leftists focus on the right they are damaging their own cause. Having cat fits about libertarians also confuses leftist thought and practice.

Carrol

P.S. I fucked up a fwd to lbo yesterday by not checking its length. It's a document Jim D posted on pen-l which deals, from an essentially liberal perspective, with the rise of the national security state, and it contains a heavy criticism of Obama's War on Terror. I'll try to get around to splitting it into shorter posts. It's importance is that it dramatizes the serious need for a radical non-electoral movement NOW. And thereby further trivializes hysteria about rightists.