[lbo-talk] yakking about the right

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Apr 4 07:37:02 PDT 2012

> Dennis: [Academic] "hatreds develop for the opposite reason... i.e. careers are
> at stake and somebody, somewhere, when you least expect it, can shoot
> you down with a review of your work, among other means."

No doubt; but careers are at stake in the corporate world too, and there's plenty of jostling for the plums and backstabbing there as well. Yet in my experience of the two worlds, the level of deep personal hatred and malice is considerably less in the corporate than the academic.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org