[lbo-talk] Tegel airport

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 11:30:33 PDT 2012

The other factor that Tegel is "reminiscent" of is the Cold War and West Berlin's enforced isolation from 1961 through 1989 (with the exception of the few authorized air and ground transportation corridors across the GDR). I can't help but wonder if these "memories" might also be factors in wanting to shut down Tegel. In those days, Lufthansa wasn't even permitted to fly into West Berlin.   Mike G.

El pueblo armado jamas sera aplastado!

From: Joel Schalit <jschalit at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:01 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Tegel airport

That's not surprising. I expect the new airport will be more like Munich. Glitzy, lots of food courts, and efficient.

Joel

Joel Schalit skype: jschalit jschalit at gmail.com