[lbo-talk] yakking about the right

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Apr 4 14:36:47 PDT 2012

I was doing some more pondering today, in a moment of enforced idleness with no Internet porn available, on the implications of the 'polarization' studies Doug kindly pointed us to. Consider the following scenario:

All the Republicans vote Yea (the 'conservative' vote) on the Universal Preemptive Detention Act. Half the Democrats also vote Yea. Does this increase, decrease, or have no effect on the region of overlap, ceteris paribus?

Consider the scenario when *all* the Democrats also vote Yea. Different result?

Show your work.

Ah, Poli Sci. Shure 'tis a glooorious thing. How I love an unintuitive result.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org