[lbo-talk] Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 07:09:41 PDT 2012

[WS:] Here is another good quote from the piece:

"If you think Paul Ryan and his Ayn Rand-worshipping colleagues aren't after your Social Security and Medicare, I am here to disabuse you of your naiveté.[5] They will move heaven and earth to force through tax cuts that will so starve the government of revenue that they will be "forced" to make "hard choices" - and that doesn't mean repealing those very same tax cuts, it means cutting the benefits for which you worked."

What this piece does not answer is the claimed Democrat incompetence in standing up to the Repug onslaught. Being in the pockets of rich donors does not quite cut it, because the Repugs are in the donors' pockets as well, and they do not mind doing things that many donors find offensive. It hints at a possible explanation when it says that a sensible majority can be effectively held hostage by a lunatic few who do not care about their hostages. In other words, GOP terrorizing America. Interesting.

Wojtek